Nearly everything we do in our professional and personal lives is a project. Whether it is rolling out a new product or initiative, collaborating on a team, or planning a vacation, a good understanding of how to deliver a project on time, within the budget, and within scope is the formula for success. Managing projects requires the ability to set clear objectives, report, project plan, work collaboratively and control project outcomes. This certificate program will build your understanding of project management methods.
After completing this program, participants will have the ability to:
1. Define project management.
2. Develop a working definition of project management.
3. Learn the five project process groups: initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, close.
4. Apply project management processes to a project as a project manager or project team member.
5. Practice using tools and techniques within the project process groups.
- Think of a project that you have been involved with recently:
- What role did you play?
- What was unique about the project?
- Did it come in on time, within budget, and within scope?
- Did your project follow any specific process?
Brooks Enterprise and Consultants programs have been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute for continuing education credits towards professional development hours for initial eligibility and recertification of the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credentials.
“This program has been approved for a maximum of 14 ATD CI points.”
Brooks Enterprise and Consultants is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
“This program is valid for 14 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
LaKisha C. Brooks, M.Sc., M.Ed, is the Chief Learning Officer at Brooks Enterprise and Consultants and the former President-Elect for the Greater Atlanta Chapter of ATD for 2020. LaKisha has also worked for the Adidas Group under the Reebok brand, managing the field retail training, and serves as a Coaching and Mentoring Board Advisory Board Member for HR.com.
An internationally recognized leadership expert, LaKisha, has been featured on ABC, FOX, CW, and NBC affiliates across the country, as well as The Denver Post and The Miami Herald. She was also recognized by Atlanta Business Chronicle as a “Person on the Move.” LaKisha is also the 2018 Trainer Showdown winner for the ATD Central FL Chapter. She has over 12 years of sales and management consulting experience and 18 years of public speaking experience. She has worked with companies and organizations such as Rheem Manufacturing, Flexport, CLO Magazine, and the Sandy Springs Chamber of Commerce, just to name a few. She has also traveled the country training global clients in the areas of leadership, management, and sales as a consultant for Krauthammer USA.
LaKisha is also a DISC Certified Trainer and a trailblazer in organizational leadership and development authoring two books, Leadership’s Got Everything to Do with It: Women’s Guide to the Sustainable Leader and Organization and Learn, Lead and Leave a Legacy: Advancing Women to the Top!
- Certified Professional in Emotional Intelligence
- Evaluating Learning Impact Certificate
- Certified Professional in DISC
- M.Sc in Organizational Leadership
- Certified Diversity Professional
- M.Ed. in Training and Development